Positive Attitude Can Change Your Life. Be Happy Now!
A Positive Attitude Leads to Success and Happiness. A positive attitude helps you cope more easily with the daily life. It brings optimism into your life, and makes it easier to avoid worries and negative thinking.
Learning to be mindful of our “internal dialogue” helps us recognize thought patterns and how they may be affecting the way we handle the situations of daily living.
When we are stressed, specific hormones circulate in the body. Released infrequently, these hormones are harmless, produced continuously, they are associated with serious damage. Cardiovascular disease is related in part to continuous bombardment of stress hormones and arterial damage caused by free radicals created in the process.
Letting go of attachment to these negative thoughts and emotions is liberating. This is a process in itself that is well worth the effort. Very effective methods to help to place the mind at ease have been developed over thousands of years. Perhaps Meditation would benefit.
Positive attitude manifests in the following ways:
- Positive thinking.
- Constructive thinking.
- Creative thinking.
- Motivation and energy to do things and accomplish goals.
- An attitude of happiness.
A positive frame of mind helps in many ways, such as:
- Expecting success and not failure.
- Making you feel inspired.
- It gives you the strength not to give up, if you encounter obstacles on your way.
- It makes you look at failure and problems as blessings in disguise.
- Believing in yourself and in your abilities.>
- Enables you to show self-esteem and confidence.
- You look for solutions, instead of dwelling on problems.
- You see and recognize opportunities.
Develop your positive attitude by:
- Getting back to basics. Reconnect with old friends, take the dog for a walk, visit an art gallery or listen to your favorite music. Enjoy a long, relaxing bath, read a great book, tell your child a story, or ask an older relative to tell you one! The simplest things in life give us the most pleasure.
- Helping someone out. The simple act of helping others (humans, animals or Nature in general) helps us to feel joy. Pick up groceries for an aging neighbor, volunteer at your local hospital or read a book to someone with failing eyesight. If you are unsure of how to help out in your community, call your nearest volunteer center.
- Finding your spirituality. Research has shown that those who have developed their spirituality through associating with other spiritual individuals or having cooperative mindful beliefs, live longer, more satisfying lives. The secret is practicing those beliefs, either through organized worship, or simple meditation (openness) in a quiet place.
- Trying Meditation and Yoga.
- As the Beatles and many sages of the spiritual and philosophical traditions have expounded, “Let It Be, Let it Be”
- Allowing love in your life. The ability to love and be loved is a most basic human trait. We, as a society, seem to have become disconnected – fear-based emotions (depression, loneliness, guilt, attachment and anger) are symptoms. Finding cooperative and harmonious ways to reconnect with others is extremely helpful in developing a positive attitude.
- Laughing at yourself and find humor in the simplest of things. Laughter is a powerful mood elevator. If you are feeling down, read some jokes, watch a funny movie or just act “silly” once in awhile. At times, let yourself see through a child’s genuine eyes. Simplify.
- Participating in new physical and mental activities and improve confidence levels. Building confidence could be as easy as learning the meanings of new words, learning about new topics or if you are right-handed using instead your left hand more frequently (left hand connects with more spiritual, intuitive and creative right side of the brain).
- Learning to communicate your needs more effectively. For example, instead of using common language of subordination expressed by such words as “no”, “don’t”, “should”, “stop”, “good”, “bad” and “have”, you could instead try expressing your needs by stating “I need you to…”. This peaceful language expresses needs and does not judge.
- A positive attitude leads to happiness and success and can change your whole life. If you look at the bright side of life, your whole life becomes filled with light. This light affects not only you and the way you look at the world, but it also affects your environment and the people around you. If this attitude is strong enough, it becomes contagious and it’s like you radiate light around you.